Every citizen, who is concerned about the conservation of water and environment, needs to be responsible and save water for the planet. Water conservation helps to keep out drought and help your future generations enjoy clean and safe water.
A number of households today use water which is supplied to them by water traders in Goulbourn Murray. But it is also important to know the ways using which they can even save water in their homes.
The ten ways to save water
– Fix the leaks in your toilets or sinks: This is the very first step one needs to take while planning to conserve water. Even when you have water coming from water traders, it is important to fix those plumbing issues to avoid wastage of water.
– Give your car for wash at the car wash: most of us tend to use more water when we wash our cars at home. Instead give your car at a car wash as they make use of limited water for the same.
– Use toilets for the human activities and not for trash: Never put any kind of trash n your toilets as more water is wasted to push the clogged trash from the pipes.
– Limit your shower time: Always limit your shower time. Most of them tend to spend 15 minutes in the shower. Limit the time to 7-8 minutes and also educate your kids and other family members about the same.
– Turn off tap when brushing or rinsing: Most of them, especially kids keep the tap running when they brush their teeth or when they are rinsing anything. Avoiding this will help you save a while lot of water.
– Wash laundry wisely: Whenever you are washing your laundry make sure that you use the load full of clothes to utilize water properly.
– Install your laundry to the landscape system: You can as well give a thought to install your laundry to the landscape system so that water does not get wasted, and the same can be used for some plants instead.
– Use native plants in your garden: If you have a garden, make sure that you use native plants as they need less maintenance and less water.
– Compost your veggies: Just compost your veggies instead of throwing them in the trash can and using lots of water to clean it again.
– Educate your kids: Finally, the most important of all, educate the kids in the family about the importance of water conservation. This way they too will be able to save water by following some real simple tips.
So, above are those simple tips which one can use in their homes and save water.